Motor Insurance Support Product
For vehicles under 16 years old
How it works
Breakdown cover automatically includes roadside assistance and home start. It provides up to one hour on site service for any driver or recovery following an accident and onward travel for up to six passengers.
- You will asked to provide details of the vehicle, nature and location of breakdown, and number of passengers.
- A local breakdown company will attend the breakdown.
- Family and friends will be alerted by SMS message and assistance provided to make arrangements for alternative travel or overnight accommodation can be provided.
This is a 12 month vehicle breakdown insurance policy for vehicles under 16 years old.
The main aspects of the policy include:
Cover for cars and motorcycles of 150cc or over and vans up to a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg.
- Breakdown assistance and recovery
Unlimited call outs anywhere in the UK up to a total of £3,000 during any 12 month period.
- Wheel changes
Subject to there being a serviceable spare tyre.
Trailers up a 3m (10 ft) in length unless previously notified and accepted. Caravans receive the same service as the vehicle only if attached by a standard 50mm (2 in) towing coupling.
- Immediate cover
After a 24 hour activation period
- A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- The vehicle must be kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, regularly maintained and serviced.
- Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to six passengers if the vehicle cannot be fixed on the day. Limited to £35 per person whilst vehicle is being repaired up to a maximum 2 nights and £150 total.
- Covers wheel changes so long as you have a serviceable spare tyre or fixing kit and unlocking key if needed.
- Covers the vehicle meaning any person that is insured to use the vehicle and has permission from the policyholder to drive is covered.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling off period.
- There is a 12 month cumulative limit of £3000.
- Costs of any service not arranged or agreed by Rescue Control Centre are not covered.
- Costs of the parts, components and materials used to repair a breakdown are not covered. You will be advised of this cost before installation.
- Severe and unusual conditions rendering access to the vehicle, such as off-road, sand or snow, may mean the service is unavailable.
- Congestion Charges and toll fees.
- Service for vehicles used in racing, pace making, speed testing or any reliability trial, rally or competition.
Rescue Control Centre deliver the service.
Cover is underwritten by ERS, a major UK insurance provider.
Instalment options available. Typically £4.12 per month (over 12 instalments including £7.94 interest, total payable £49.44).
Typical premium example given includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.