Breakdown cover automatically includes roadside assistance and home start. It provides up to one hour on-site service for any driver or recovery following an accident and onward travel for up to six passengers.
- You will asked to provide details of the vehicle, nature and location of breakdown, and number of passengers.
- A local breakdown company will attend the breakdown.
- Family and friends will be alerted by SMS message and assistance provided to make arrangements for alternative travel or overnight accommodation can be provided.
This is a 12 month vehicle breakdown insurance policy for vehicles under 16 years old.
The main aspects of the policy include:
Cover for cars and motorcycles of 150cc or over and vans up to a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg.
Breakdown assistance and recovery
Unlimited call outs anywhere in the UK up to a total of £3,000 during any 12 month period.
Subject to there being a serviceable spare tyre.
Trailers up a 3m (10 ft) in length unless previously notified and accepted. Caravans receive the same service as the vehicle only if attached by a standard 50mm (2 in) towing coupling.
After a 24 hour activation period
A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- The vehicle must be kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, regularly maintained and serviced.
- Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to six passengers if the vehicle cannot be fixed on the day. Limited to £35 per person whilst vehicle is being repaired up to a maximum 2 nights and £150 total.
- Covers wheel changes so long as you have a serviceable spare tyre or fixing kit and unlocking key if needed.
- Covers the vehicle meaning any person that is insured to use the vehicle and has permission from the policyholder to drive is covered.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling-off period.
- There is a 12 month cumulative limit of £3000.
- Costs of any service not arranged or agreed by Rescue Control Centre are not covered.
- Costs of the parts, components and materials used to repair a breakdown are not covered. You will be advised of this cost before installation.
- Severe and unusual conditions rendering access to the vehicle, such as off-road, sand or snow, may mean the service is unavailable.
- Congestion Charges and toll fees.
- Service for vehicles used in racing, pace making, speed testing or any reliability trial, rally or competition.
Rescue Control Centre deliver the service.
Cover is underwritten by ERS, a major UK insurance provider.
*Premium includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.