Motor Insurance Support Product
For vehicles under 16 years old
Cost £42.00 including insurance premium tax at the prevailing rate
How it works
Breakdown cover automatically includes roadside assistance and home start. It provides up to one hour on site service for any driver.
You will be asked the following information:
- the policy number, policyholder name and address
- a contact phone number
- the insured vehicle registration number, make and model
- the location of the breakdown
- any vehicle modifications or other information which may be relevant to the recovery of the insured vehicle
- The policy is Underwritten by ERS who will allow unlimited call outs for the 12- month period up-to a total of £3,000.
- Breakdown cover includes Roadside Assistance & Recovery which provides up to 1 hour of labour costs at the roadside to try and repair the fault.
- Arrangements are made for a local breakdown company to attend
- A 14-day cooling-off period During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- Covering the insured vehicle if it breaks down no matter who is driving.
- Includes messaging family and friends to alert them to the breakdown and advise them that assistance has been arranged.
- If the only driver in the insured vehicle is medically unfit to drive during a journey, we will arrange and pay the cost for a chauffeur.
- It will also help with making arrangements for alternative travel or overnight accommodation.
- Misfuelling cover, if you put the wrong type of fuel in the insured vehicle.
- Should you lose your keys, we will either take the insured vehicle & you to a repairer or to & from where the spare keys are located.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- There is a 24-hour cover activation period and the premium is not refundable after an initial 14-day period.
- If the insured vehicle suffers a breakdown, you must immediately tell the Rescue Control Centre via the nationwide 24 hour assistance helpline.The costs of any service not arranged or agreed by the Rescue Control Centre are not covered.
- Misfuelling – any resultant damage or failure of any parts caused by incorrect fuel being used.
- Any costs (including labour) incurred for any repairs carried out other than at the breakdown
- Any recovery costs other than to the nearest available repairer if the breakdown occurs within a ¼ of a mile of the home address
- Lost Keys – any repairing, replacing, or reprogramming of keys.
- You must keep a spare wheel or tyre fixing kit along with any locking wheel nuts in the vehicle.
- The driver must stay with the vehicle.
- Recurring faults are not covered and you must make sure that the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition at all times. The vehicle should be regularly maintained and serviced as reasonably required by the manufacturer.
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling-off period.
Rescue Control Centre deliver the service.
Cover is underwritten by ERS, a major UK insurance provider.