Motor Insurance Support Product
Accident management service
How it works
Comprehensive policies usually require you to use your insurer’s approved network of repairers. These repairers may provide a courtesy car while your vehicle is being repaired. However, this is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability, and the vehicle supplied may not be the same as your own. In the event of a non-fault accident our Legal Protection Claims Service guarantees you receive a hire vehicle similar in size to your own for the duration of the repair.
If you are injured in an accident that is not your fault, the Legal Protection Claims Service will also attempt the recovery of personal injury compensation from the other party.
Third party fire and theft or third party only policies do not cover accidental damage to your vehicle. If you are involved in an accident that is not your fault you will need to arrange for repairs yourself. In some cases you would have to pay for repairs and recover the cost from the party responsible. With our Legal Protection Claims Service policy, the repair arrangements are done on your behalf.
This is a claims management service for non-fault accidents. The main aspects of the policy include:
- A guaranteed uninsured loss recovery service.
For example, in the event of a motor accident this policy provides a hire car, a credit repair, and helps recover uninsured losses such as policy excess and loss of earnings.
- Insured legal costs and expenses up to £50,000
For example, it will fund the cost of legal advice and potential costs in bringing or defending a court case. These legal costs and expenses are underwritten by Financial & Legal Insurance Company Limited, a specialist legal expenses insurance company.
- A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- There must be a reasonable prospect of success.
- Customers must not admit liability and should call the accident helpline as soon as possible.
- Credit hire car costs will be billed directly to the responsible party.
- Credit accident repair costs will be reclaimed from the responsible party for customers holding a third party fire and theft policy.
- Personal injury compensation is subject to agreement of terms with Winn Solicitors who will provide a full explanation.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14-day cooling-off period.
- The £50,000 Legal Costs and Expenses is a cumulative limit per period of insurance.
- Claims outside the courts of Great Britain are not covered.
- The customer must use the agreed representative or nominated solicitor.
- Costs incurred by the customer without prior approval are not covered.
- Criminal acts or omissions are not covered.
Winn Solicitors deliver the service. It specialises in claims management and is contractually obliged to provide you with:
- 24 hours accident helpline
- Personal injury advice and support
- Credit hire car and accident credit repair
Instalment options available. Typically £3.47 per month (over 12 instalments including £6.64 interest, total payable £41.64).
Typical premium example given includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.