What are your opening hours?
You can see our opening hours for each department on the contact us page.
Is immediate cover available?
Yes immediate cover is available for both policies over the phone and online.
How do I send proof of No Claims?
We can accept the following documents as proof of your No Claims Bonus, or No Claims Discount:
- Your latest renewal notice
- Evidence of your last cancelled or lapsed car insurance policy
The best way to do this is to send us your original notice from your previous insurer as this will allow us to validate your NCB immediately.
For further details please refer to our handy guide.
Where do I send my proof of No Claims?
We will need proof of your No Claims Bonus. This should be in the form of your latest renewal notice or evidence of your last cancelled or lapsed car insurance policy. If there is any gap in cover you must make us aware as this may determine your cover.
It is quick and easy to send us your details digitally:
- Scan your documents using a desktop scanner and save them on your computer, attach the scanned files to an email & send to us.
- Take a picture of your documents using a digital camera, download them to your computer, attach the files to an email & send to us.
- Take a picture of your documents using your Mobile Phone or Tablet device, download them to your computer, attach the files to an email & send to us.
You can send your proof of No Claims Bonus by the following three methods:
When will I receive my policy documents?
Your insurance policy documents will arrive within 48 hours of payment by email.
If you are receiving your policy documents through the post, please allow up to 7 working days.
How do I send my driving licence details?
You will need to visit the DVLA website to download, print or save your driving licence record. This will need to be sent to us via email or via our secure upload portal. Alternatively, the record will need to be posted to us.It is quick and easy to send us your details digitally:
How to get driving licence record:
- Click here to visit the DVLA website or type https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence into your internet browser.
- Click the green ‘Start now’ button.
- Submit your driving licence number, national insurance number and postcode and click ‘View Now’.
- Select the ‘Share your licence information’ tab then click ‘Get Code’.
- Once you have the code, you have the option to ‘View, print or save your licence information’.
- Save the PDF record and then email, upload or post the driving record to us. Ensure you include your reference number.
example of driving licence record
What you will need:
- Your driving licence number (and all driving licence numbers if submitting more than 1)
- Your national insurance number (and all national insurance numbers if submitting more than 1)
- Your postcode (and all postcodes if submitting more than 1)
Where to send your driving licence record:
- Secure Web Upload: click here
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: A Choice, Pendeford House, Pendeford Business Park, Overstrand, Wolverhampton WV9 5AP
Please make sure you send us your full name and reference number in any communication.
Download the how to guide:
- All named drivers will be required to complete this process.
- If you cannot access the DVLA website, you must contact the DVLA on 0300 790 6801 to obtain a check code.
- Check codes are only valid for 72 hours so must be submitted within this time to enable us to validate your record.
- The code must be emailed to the email address above.
Where do I send my insurance documents?
You can send insurance documents to A Choice by the following three methods:
What type of changes do I need to tell you about?
You need to inform us of any changes that could impact on your insurance. For example, you should immediately inform us of a change of address, a change of occupation, change of vehicle, motoring or non-motoring convictions received. Never take a chance on what you perceive is right to disclose. Just drop us an email or contact our office to check just in case.
How do I make changes to my policy?
If you need to make a change to your policy, please call our adjustments team on 0121 776 5862.
Who do I call in the event of a claim?
If you are involved in an accident or your vehicle is vandalised or stolen, please call our Claims line to report your incident on 0121 776 5138.
What proof of address will you accept?
If you could please provide us with a copy of a utility bill, for example, a council tax bill, a water, gas or electric bill or alternatively an electoral register letter. If you send us a copy of a utility bill, please check the date; it needs to be from within the last 90 days.